[elky] Re: Saturday race car progress

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 21:43:53 -0400 (EDT)

sounds great

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 9/3/2011 8:32:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

No photos (cuz I'm tired and  lazy) but we did ok today.  Finished
installing the electric brakes,  except for the wiring.  Rewired the trailer
lights,
except for the  brakes.  That included fixing one of the taillights and
getting a new  lens on it.  Jim's bringing some more wire tomorrow to keep the
color  correct for trailer convention.

Jim got the battery box  hold-down drilled and tapped (I'd broken a bolt
off in it...duh) while I got  the shift light correctly mounted and ran a
switch to the power circuit for  the GPS (we'll use that on the initial run to
calibrate speed.)

I had to re-do one of the anodized fittings on the fuel hose, but  that's
all taken care of.  I also finished up tidying the wiring  distribution panel
and got the lid on it.  Ohh...and I fixed an issue  with the alternator
belt and re-adjusted it.

A good day, all in  all.