[elky] QuickTime is drivin me nuts

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:32:22 -0600

Has anyone had trouble installing Apple Quicktime for use with Firefox and/or Opera? I have the latest versions of both browsers and just d/l'ed the lates QT program. It runs as a standalone application but won't run under either browser. I've made sure the QT dlls are in the plugin directories, restarted, rebooted, reenlisted...whatever. But trying to do a search of the US Patent and Trademark database won't allow the images to be displayed. Firefox sez a plugin is needed and Opera just sez "plugin content" and neither of them show QT as an installed plugin. I'd pull my hair out, but I don't have any.

If ya got any ideas, I'd appreciate hearin 'em. I've gotta get this patent search done so I can get the photos and posters from last weekend's race done.

Thanx

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program