[elky] Re: Printed circuit board for gauges

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:59:06 -0500

I think I have the headlight switch bracket and knob you need from the Monte parts car. I'll look.

My amp gauge always looks low V, and jumps with the turn signal, also when the lights go on. It should a little, but not as much as it does.

That's cause of the connection at the pcb to harness. Mine never did it before.

The light bulbs are always intermittent in these. Cindy's brand new 1978 Cutlass Supreme Brougham had that problem from day 1. Taking it in for service only made it worse. The tach light was out its entire life.

The center on in the cluster is out on both the Elky and the Monte.
JC

Mine have always worked and I have only had intermittent... The printed circuit board on mine is in very good shape 3 spots have demlaminated at ends but it doesn't affect how it works. The real problem is the connection between the harness and the PCB and all the other little contacts at clips etc cause the copper corrodes over time. Even at that it's the harness to PCB connection that causes all my problems.

I have my stock cluster in here looking at it... And test fitting the gauges with the board on the back. I cut wire and got it started in the board and bent over so they stay in. Will solder them in tomorrow. I didn't have many different colors of small wire so I took a roll of purple wire and all the wires are purple... I'll mark the ends and splice them all in when I take the cluster back out of the elky.