[elky] Officially for sale...!

  • From: faithcubsmc2691@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 01:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

"Goodbye, easier said than done" __ Clint Black & Wynonna (Black'n'Wy Tour,
1993) __ 'A Bad Goodbye'

A difficult decision, my Monte Carlos (all of which have special significances
for me), including my 1st car (1979) & the one my nephew "claimed" (1987), are
FOR SALE.  I've been unemployed for nearly 4 months with no current viable
prospects, I still owe open heart surgery medical bills, & I'll lose my
storage.  I can't believe this is happening (especially since illegal
immigrants get benefits), but such is life.

Someone noted that this situation IS my fault since, for me, medical
procedures/expenses are expected; of course, that person is correct.  Still,
it's ironic that selling is partly because, less than 3 weeks after returning
to full time work following my 11/11/2011 open heart surgery, I found myself
out of employment from the company that had a campaign to promote "grill
decency"....

The job hunt is not going well, but I've done some personal projects.  While I
continue to try to get hired, I'm researching volunteer opportunities.  I've
been applying to customer service, social media, web content editing, &
marketing/sales careers.

Selling isn't ALL bad; POSITIVES in EVERY situation, right?  In this case, once
my MCs are sold ... I won't own a front-wheel-drive nameplate vehicle (until
Ch#$r%*et introduces the all-new front-wheel drive Caprice!) ...&... I'll have
fewer boards/groups to visit, translating into more time for the remaining
boards, driving, writing, etc.!  OK, so maybe those aren't complete
positives....

GENERAL INFO

* My '81 MC SC is not listed; it will go to Dad & Mom or Sis & Bro-In-Law:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1981/81monte.html

* None of my MCs have been thoroughly cleaned in a few years.

* My MCs have not been started since 11/05/2011, before my 11/11/2011 OHS.

* I have some boxes w/car parts; some cars MAY include extra parts.

* The record-setting 2008 MidSummer Chitown Gathering that I set up (65
attendees) remains the only time all of my MCs were at the same
show/gathering/event:
http://pics.projectmonte.com/album/12498
Attendance at the 2009 & 2010 MidSummer events dropped considerably; different
areas were tried in 2011:
https://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/3rdAnnualMidSummerChitownGathering
https://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/2011MeetNGreets02
...and of course cruise nights:
https://picasaweb.google.com/knightfan26917/RoadsNWheelsJumpStartCruiseNightOHSParty05122012

* INTERESTED?  EMAIL ONLY:
faithcubsmc2691
@
aol.com

1972 MC

* PICS & PRICING:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1972/72monte.html
$1 (IF buyer meets ALL requirements)
$1,000 or more (depending which requirements NOT met)

* DETAILS & ISSUES:
purchased 2002
350 V8
147,800+ miles
manual windows
rust / rust holes (around / under vinyl top)
bondo
scratches / dents
brakes
transmission fluid leak
oil leak
start-up difficulties at times
may be best used as a parts car

1976 MC L

* PICS & PRICING:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1976/76monte.html
$1 (IF buyer meets ALL requirements)
$4,000 or more (depending which requirements NOT met)

* DETAILS & ISSUES:
purchased 1998
305 V8
063,000+ miles
power windows
cracking paint
lots of smoke on start-up (goes away after driven for a while)
start-up difficulties at times
rust under vinyl top
scratches / dents
missing landau turbine wheel center caps

1979 MC L

* PICS & PRICING:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1979/79monte.html
$1 (IF buyer meets ALL requirements)
$3,000 or more (depending which requirements NOT met)

* DETAILS & ISSUES:
purchased 1992
350 V8 (originally w/267 V8)
146,100+ miles
power windows
rust under vinyl top
rust on bottoms of doors
scratches / dents

1987 MC LS

* PICS & PRICING:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1987/87monte.html
$1 (IF buyer meets ALL requirements)
$4,000 or more (depending which requirements NOT met)

* DETAILS & ISSUES:
purchased 2003
305 V8
174,700+ miles
manual windows
some rust (doors / trunk lid)
scratches / dents
faded/unsightly paint (hood / roof / trunk)
recently-developed "tick" in the engine; undiagnosed
some occasional hesitation

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* roadsNwheels + CapriceClassicForum =
http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/ *
"I'm dying inside" __ The Tony Rich Project __ 'Nobody Knows'