[elky] Re: OT chuckle

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 12:17:30 -0600

Don't be surprised if you get a 419 e-mail from a Tata.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/-Lawyer-close-to-Tata-family-says-he-didnt-make-any-agreements-with-fire-department-.html

22-year-old girl ran a daycare in her house (legally, had a permit).  She left
the house to go to Target (on surveillance video), evidently while no other
adult was in the house, and while she was gone, the house burned and four small
kids were killed.  While HFD's arson division was going back and forth with the
Harris County DA about filing charges, she left the country for Nigeria.  Note:
she is a U.S. citizen, but evidently has family in Nigeria, and I have a strong
hunch Mommy and Daddy helped her get the plane ticket.

I doubt she will ever stand trial for the crime.  Law enforcement does not seem
to be high on Nigeria's list of priorities within its own country, based on all
the 419 e-mails, much less catching and extraditing a suspect to another
country.