[elky] Re: Now I know why...

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 23:01:23 -0600

A TH350 would be fine except for the fact that I'm running a 3.73 gear. I need an overdrive trans or a different gear ratio. I was at 6000 rpm in 3rd gear (1:1) and the GPS said I was doing 137. That'd be ok for the 130 class, but not the 150. TH350s are good trannys. But the lack of overdrive kinda hurts 'em...at least in my case. And it wasn't the transmission's fault that caused the problems....it was the pinon yoke. I can get an industrial-strength yoke for the 7 1/2" rear end pretty easily.

On 5/16/2012 10:00 PM, Michael Blanche wrote:
If it's a 200 4r you're pulling out, you could put in a TH350 really cheaply and run that for a while. You can get newly rebuilt ones for less than $500, and junkyard ones for $100.

Same length, too.

Mike