[elky] Re: Now I know why...

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 09:07:37 -0600

The estimate to swap guts from one case to another is only $600-800. Cheap at half the price. :)

On 5/17/2012 5:56 AM, STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx wrote:
Well Ray, in theory, the only thing you need is a case. Why rebuild another trans. Just swap all the internals to a new case.
  Or was there more damage?
Smokey Mt Frank
In a message dated 5/16/2012 10:28:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Color me stupid. I should have seen it when I pulled the pan. But I didn't.

    I didn't lose too much time on that, tho.  I finally got the
    tranny out tonite:

    It's real broke.

    I'm starting to re-think things.  If this transmission repair is
    gonna be real spendy, I may put off running the car this year and
    see about putting a Tremec 3550 or T56 into it.  I'm not sure
    right now.  But I'm hurtin and tired and filthy.  (Maybe that last
    part is why the x-wife left, ya think?)

    On 5/14/2012 3:16 PM, STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx wrote:
    OMG,  Your kidding right .............. how did you miss that
    split.  I could see if there was a crack in the case, but that's
    huge.
    Smokey Mt Frank
    In a message dated 5/14/2012 3:01:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
    rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

        ...the transmission ain't workin: