[elky] Re: Monte - Lockup resolved

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:14:10 EST

need some photos Rob

Smoky Mt. Frank

In a message dated 12/9/2010 9:12:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
elcam84@xxxxxxxxx writes:

                Well I have been  working on tearing the closet out of the
garage and opening it up with where  the washer and dryer are to make a
laundry room. Reframing everything from the  sill plate up. Got the sill plates
replaced with nice new treated and a couple  new floor joists. Gotta get
more 2x8 to finish the floor joists. (7' span) I  also put blocking between the
joists against the rim joist as well as in the  middle to make it very
strong.

Will get a couple  of 2x6 X 20' and finish up the floor framing and get the
first sheet of  decking in tonight if all goes well. Also putting a toilet
in there too so I  don't have to come from the shop and walk through the
whole house top the  bathroom.

Original floor was 1x6 tongue and groove from some older house as it
wasn't new when this one was built. It's right at 7/8 thick. There was also a
layer of 3/4 ply on top of that. I'll be putting down 3/4 osb decking and
sliding it under the existing walls. Not sure if I'll go with another layer of
3/4 until the whole room is finished. I will say I'll take OSB over tongue
and  groove any day. The floor will be very stiff even without the extra
3/4. The  finished layer will be tile.

Also going to  cover up the crawlspace vents after I get a layer of plastic
down on the dirt  under the house. Vented crawlspaces are no longer the way
to do it  anymore.

Robert Adams

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Jim Dos <_jdos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:jdos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

Yep,  staying inside and working on the bath remodel..  J