[elky] Re: Laptops

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:22:17 -0500

I am typing from an HP right now. Works pretty good, but you end up with
Vista. It's a real memory hog. I have 2 gigs of mem now, and it's better but
it's no desktop. It is nice to sit on the couch with.

I have it on a vinyl covered board so it can breathe, and it doesn't fry
your legs. It's also big enough to use a real mouse. (I hate the touch pads)
FWIW it's a Pavillion DV6000. Nice package, no troubles in 3 years of
everyday power use. (CAD, Web development, emails, graphics, photo
processing)

Also Tiger Direct. http://www.tiger.com  My desktop is from there, and you
can buy them with XP for the Systemax in-house systems.