[elky] Re: Garage Shelving

  • From: "ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 07:17:21 -0400

>Even with unlimited storage I think it's healthy to purge the junk
>once and a while... it's hard to resist the urge to hoard, I've
>definitely had the item that I threw out and then needed, but it's
>rare.

     I go through stuff every so often to figure out what needs to go.

>One item I need is sorted hardware: nuts, bolts, washers - I hate
>spending a couple bucks every time I need that certain size bolt - not
>to mention the wasted time going to the hardware store.

        I have bought several of the steel boxes with the plastic insert
that are made for hardware. They are the ones that have been around
forever... I pick then up for $10 or less and sometimes even have stuff in
it. I could have picked up brand new ones at a swapmeet for just a little
more.

       I mounted drawer guides to mine and have them in one of my roll
around cabinets. will take and send pics when I get home... When... About
to drive back to DC from Cleveland and get dropped off at Dulles. Cleveland
is nearly impossible to get out of.