[elky] Re: Fwd: Nate in the 1970 - Brother Jim's new toy

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:49:17 -0700

I just happened to pull some books to look up Saul's VIN, so lemme see if I can find anything. Nope - broken down by Malibus, chevelles and Station wagons, but not ragtops. But I can tell you the tops came in black AND white.

Mary

Yep, but it keeps him off the streets, and his mind on something other than dwelling on being divorced..... among other downers he has had thrown his way. He is truly happy working on cars.

On the up side, the frame he has is finished and painted with a 10 bolt posi 3.3x and new brakes and lines. I don't know what production numbers are on the convert's, but nothing compared to the hard tops. He will still have a desirable classic when he is done, and it will cruise 5 comfortably with the top down.

 JC

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    kinda reminds me of the kid who brought nothing but a front bumper
    to the Chevelle/El Camino club car show.

    Got a loooong way to go there.

    Mary

    Now THIS is what I like to hear Bro....... If you can get the
    whole GN or Turbo Regal drive line, the trans is a little more
    stout than some (200). GN rears are great too, but expensive.
    Might be too narrow for that 70 Chevelle though. Would have to
    ask the guys and gals on the Elky List. (CC to the list)

    For the list.... Brother Jim in Des Moines is building up from a
    basket case, a 1970 Chevelle Convertible he just scored. I say
    ghost gray flames in the stripes. Here is a cool example of
    flames in stripes from the car show at the school this year
    <http://www.myelcamino.net/cars/STC_052111/pages/IMG_4578.htm>.
    Also Here.
    <http://www.myelcamino.net/cars/STC_052111/pages/IMG_4600.htm>
    Use the arrows to see more of that Camaro.