[elky] Re: Funny Diamond Statistics

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:09:01 -0800

well, there's your problem - never pay more than $100 for a watch. I'm still wearing (although not everyday like I did until about 4 years ago) a lovely watch Dan got with National Car Rental Certificates back in the early 70's. The one I wear usually is one I picked out of the brochure for Dan's 10th Anniversary with the company (he has enough clocks, mugs, and assorted useless items with some company name on them). The other is a pretty Bulova I saw in a window in Reno shortly after I hit 4 aces....

Mary

Perfect example: We ordered a $60 clasp for a Citizen (and we don't sell them, but we try to offer a service to our customers. We paid for it in late November. They told us it shipped regular mail on the 16th of December. It still hasn't showed up. The customer has been calling every day since the 18th, and there is no tracking that package. They picked up the watch today without the new clasp. The kid has to go back to school. He will never come back to the store again. Hassle factor included, time spent on it, we lost money even if they would have paid us. Now we'll get a clasp in the mail we can't use on anything, and got a customer mad at us for something we didn't do, or even sell in the first place. Just one example. There is another about the Piaget that took 7 months before we got the estimate from Switzerland for $2500 cost, that the customer rejected because they just spent $2500 less than a year before, but they wouldn't even stand behind it. $30K watch.... we didn't sell it. Lost 100+ on shipping alone. Not to mention hours of hassle.