[elky] Re: Elkenstein

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 21:45:01 -0500

I try not to look any more at the price. It's horrible here. Add to it, that
I burn premium in the Elky..... I just put $20 or $30 in at a time and only
look at the octane number to shield myself from the pain.

I drove the new Elkenstein today. Sweet ride. Feels great. I still have a
write up to do on some welding I did on the fenders, to re-attach the inner
fender on the passenger side. Got to get the pictures from the camera and do
that probably Tuesday. Didn't touch the window today. There will be another
day for that.

Mary, I am enjoying your perspective on Illini...... Me thinks you would
rather be in Hawaii ;)

For the record, the Illinois mascot has been deemed politically
incorrect. Chief
Illinewek <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Illiniwek>. Most of the
student body thinks that it honors the Indians, still use the symbol freely,
and are very proud of the heritage. Too bad. There is dancing involved! One
of the last men to play 'the chief' (if not the last) was a member of Nate's
fraternity there.

The game Saturday went down to the last play in the last 13 seconds. It
looked like they might lose to Northwestern in a bizarre fashion. You would
have had to have been there, but it was a cliff hanger.
JC