[elky] Re: Electric Elky

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 21:52:24 -0500

with it only going between 100 and 200 miles to a charge, it seems like a lot of effort and expense for something with very limited use.

And then turn the AC on and that 100 miles per charge will drop to 60 at most which isn't enough to do a normal drive anywhere here.

Also doesn't say how he lessened the weight and the way it's written it sounds like he kept tearing things out after the engine, gas tank, etc., Did he remove stuff that affected the car's stability?

Well I doubt it but he may have gotten the balance of it off a good bit IE front rear balance and the height of the CG since those batteries are up high.

As near as I can tell, he spent $30,000 to make the elky useless for anything more than quick trips to the store and back.

Took a multipurpose vehicle and made now it has no purpose other than to look good. Can't drive it as a daily driver cause of the short range, can't carry anything cause of it etc etc. What a waste of $ and created allot more pollution in the process than...

Well I'm happy that mine is getting 20 considering the low gears and how it's driven. With 3.23s and easier driving it'd easily get into the 25+ range with a few tweaks and still be nearly as fun to drive. Not quite the low end but mid and top end would be better.