[elky] Re: El Camino upgrades

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:58:49 -0500

                   Those brakes are ugly. On the good side pads aren't
riveted anymore which causes massive damage before the wear indicators got
close. I know one of my pads is getting pretty close. Going to the yard
today to look for blazer spindles and a steering shaft for John etc.

                         Robert Adams

Did you have any luck?

I pushed the button on a rebuilt Throttle body (Butterflies, shaft, bronze
bushings) for $129 and shipping. It wasn't the $200 bored and machined
version I found, but i used the savings to buy a spacer for the injector
pods to get more air flow.

I advanced the timing just a bit, and thrashed it a little last night. The
motor runs smooth well over 4000 rpm, and wants to keep going. Very smooth,
and really quick. I am very happy with this distributor. I am wondering
about improvement from the throttle body and spacer. I am hoping the idle
and drive ability will improve even more.

Next to get all that power to the ground. I want to fix the body mounts
first, then posi and rear control arms. Tires and wheels, and big brakes. I
am shooting for next Summer to have this list done.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net