[elky] Re: Drag Racing Report

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:37:59 -0400 (EDT)

Once you drive the webers and understand the throttle response you'll never
 go back. That said, If you like to tinker go for it. It gives the effect
of fuel  injection. I know they can be a bear to dial in but man when you get
there it is  so sweet.
Like any mutli carb set up, I see, 70% of people over carbureting. This is
a case where less is more. Its in the math. Know the  CFMs your engine
needs and life is simple.
    I had built a SB chevy started 237 cid block, 30 over,  made it 331 cid
I forget the cam now, think it was 390 lift 410 duration. Well,  the power
range was was 4G -6G red line 7G street engine.
I wanted two 4 barrels on a cross ram manifold. my CFMs need to be at 780.
Yeah a single 4 barrel would do it but.............. i found a holley 4
barrel  carb for a BMW rated at 390 CFM. Got two, and the best part is it  had
tiny primaries and with the T-10 4 speed it got 16 MPH driving  (normal).
The secondaries were monsters so full throttle was a blast. With  the look I
wanted.  ahhhhh the good old days.  When carburetors separated the men from
the boys.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 10/23/2011 11:15:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Although  the Webers look cool I'd bet the right 4 barrel would make as
much power and  kept the  driveability.