[elky] Re: Cooling off

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 07:55:55 -0600

                           You already have the power you need at the brake
switch. It actually is at the connector on the dash harness that plugs into
the computer harness. The connector I sent for your Elky.

                            Not sure how the B&M is wired but most all use a
hot feed from the switch and when you press the brake it removes all power
so the TCC has to let go. Removing power is more reliable than removing a
ground as wires can short and the TCC would still be engaged.

                            It kind of sounds like the B&M box is providing
the power itself hence using two wires from it or cutting one that is a loop
and doing the same. Not really sure till I look at the diagram for it. Or
their box is using the switch as a switch for their circuitry instead of a
direct loss of power like OE. Now  if it's the former then it's not very
well engineered.

                      Robert Adams