[elky] Re: Cooling off

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 04:52:42 -0600

This is great Mike, Thanks!

I am still struggling in my mind with the brake circuit. It doesn't make
sense to me to run a 12V in to the switch, when it should already be there,
unless it just grounds it, but then why add a hot? The instructions say to
put the brake switch in the loop of the yellow wire. I just used a hot, and
I want to fuse the thing too. The old unit had a fuse in there, this one
doesn't.

I know I did it on the Elky once with this same unit, but it's been too
long. I just need to get under there with the meter and play with it.
Otherwise, what you have with the relay makes more sense for the supply to
the unit using the brake hot as the trigger for the relay to open the loop
on a normally closed wiring. Do I know what I mean?

JC