[elky] Re: Cindy is OK, but very sore - Mini crash today

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 11:04:03 -0700

Just be mindful that in your time of confusion and chaos, the insurance companies may try to pull something.  I've had good and bad.  The other one may try to put the blame on Cindy.  Yours may try and nickel and dime you.  Or you could get lucky.  Just don't automatically trust them.  Do not let Cindy talk to them if she's on pain killers.  I had a kid pull out of a parking place and drive into the side of the car and somehow that was my fault.  Then the insurance company tried to claim there was a rider on the policy that strictly forbid him from driving dad's car.  I have no use for Allstate.

But then when Anthony from Brooklyn plowed into the back of the blazer on Route 9 the insurance company we had went after him.  I was shocked when she called and said she'd gotten the deductible out of him and was sending it, too.  You just never know.

more than you needed to know, (especially now).  I know.  I just worry, take care, be cautious and don't settle too quickly.

Good news about Nate.  Wish them all the happiness in the world.

Mary

Thanks everyone. She is really sore today, but I think things will be more so in the coming days. We'll be watching her. We couldn't get the stuff out of the car because it's Sunday and it was towed in to a municipal yard. The guy at the yard was asking if she was OK...... you know it's bad when... they don't see much to salvage.

We are going to a first birthday party for Nate's girlfriends' little girl. (not his..... boyfriend dumped her when he found out.....%$^#) She is really sweet. They are really in love. Haven't seen Nate this happy ever. Chalk another one up to online dating.

Nate got a new job on Friday. Instead of an Equities Trader for Chase, he will be with Sungard right down the road. He will be routing the trades for Chase and other huge companies that use their systems. No more 3 hours a day on the train (and $200 a month for tickets), and they have a chef that cooks lunch every day, and a gym with showers for the staff. Good raise..... The kid has the world by the tail.

Thanks for all the well wishes!
JC

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
oh, John.  Tell Cindy we're all thinking of her and wishing she gets past this real quick with no lasting problems.  It can be weeks before things finally show up, so watch her carefully.

And the insurance company isn't a bunch of (fill in your own word, family list).

Mary

Cindy was on her way to a job this afternoon, headed North on Riverside drive, and an SUV (trailblazer) didn't see her coming as he turned on the the road from Moore St. He broadsided her on the passenger side (see his license plate holder) and it rolled her 3 times before she came to rest pointed the way she came from. She was probably going 35 or so. Thank GOD no one was on the bike path she was sitting on.

We had an ambulance ride together, and she checked out OK. No concussion, lots of abrasion from broken glass.... it was everywhere on her. Thank GOD for safety equipment on these cars. She was wearing her belt. That is the worst injury so far. Very sore where the belt was holding her. She has a pretty good bump on her forehead, and a scrape there, along with knee scrapes and elbow scrapes, but nothing serious or life threatening. The next 3 days will be very hard I bet.

We will have to sort out the police report tomorrow, and get the stuff out of the car, where ever it ended up. every panel is affected, and the roof. There was no drivers side glass intact. I do not think it will be getting fixed. We sure liked the car, and it saved her life.

Please put her on your prayer list for a speedy recovery. I have her put to bed for the night. If you want to touch base, please wait till morning. It's been a long afternoon.

Thanks,

JC

Inline image 1