[elky] Christmas Walk, Geneva, IL - Live Mannequin

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 08:26:04 -0600

I spent about 4 hours in therapy yesterday as a Live Mannequin in the window
of the store at State Street Jewelers during the Christmas Walk event.

A friend took my phone outside and shot this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ugMjMWujdw

It was a really busy day at the store, and I welcomed sitting down at the
bench, in my own little world, carving waxes. I could occasionally hear the
bagpipes playing outside, and there were lots of festivities around town.
Roasting chestnuts, caroling, and just lots of people having a great time.
There was no wind, and although it was in the 30's, everyone seemed to be
having a great time. I created a pendant for a Tanzanite triangle stone, and
a gentleman's ring for 4 green diamonds, and oval and 3 rounds. Both pieces
that have been in the works for stock in the store but never get the time to
be made. Now they will finally get finished and put out for sale.

I could do this all day every day, and be happy. It was really fun.

John A Christensen, G.G.
www.statestreetjewelers.com
Geneva, IL