[elky] Re: Car Show Tuesday

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:03:48 -0400 (EDT)

My family had one of the first 57 Mercury Turnpike Cruisers. It was black
like the one you saw, but a 4d.
They bought one of seven cars originally made for the Auto shows. These
cars were showing all that Mercury had to offer, and were not for sale. But
money talks and they got one.
  I never knew this story until after the car was gone, and they keep  it
for 15 years.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 7/13/2011 9:07:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I worked  the entrance of the car show last night downtown. I DID browse
the show with  the camera though. Here is a link to a hundred or so of my
favorite shots.
_http://www.myelcamino.net/events.htm_
(http://www.myelcamino.net/events.htm)

Click  the top link on the page.

Hopefully we raised some raffle money for  the Car Club at the school.

John  Christensen
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 _http://www.myelcamino.net_ (http://www.myelcamino.net/)