[elky] Re: CAGS was Re: Re: (no subject)

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:16:40 -0600

Life does make things tough, hopefully you can find a way to keep your rehab going. I am sure that is difficult, and you are right between the ice and 3 feet of snow, its hard to man a truck not to mention walk around right now.

It's been 70* here the last two days and will be for a couple more. Beter than the 15* we had a week ago.

This is crazy. Have called our Mayors Pothole hotline daily, and to report nearly impassable roads/streets- its been 3 weeks since the last snow- and driving around the city I see the aweful job they are doing- so pothole hotline is on my speed dial.

                 Got pics. Want to compare to our holey roads to yours.

On the upside they have been paving allot of roads lately. With the bad economy comes lots of construction. The city, county and state still make the same amount of $ off property taxes and sales taxes (for the most part) regardless of how the economy is.... The construction companies have cut their prices in half because of slow business so they have been paving roads all over the place here. Many haven't been paved in 20+ years and barely even patched in that time.