[elky] Bed Cover Options

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:33:07 -0400

I'm looking at the various bed cover options (for my '80)... Ray what
was the tonneau you had?  Fiberglass?  I looked at the fiberglass
tonneaus, they are expensive, not necessarily water tight and maybe
heavy?  Another idea is a camper top, but none of the ones I've seen
work with the lines of the El Camino (sorry if anyone has one!).

Reading on the El Camino Central forum the recommended vinyl tonneau
is from Craftec:
http://www.craftecinc.com/Products_Information.php?SKU=252108  There
is also an article from El Camino magazine about this tonneau:
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1271&d=1306026176
 No snaps and the price is reasonable.

Your thoughts?