[elky] Re: Back I am, sorta + 2011 Road Trip notes/pics

  • From: faithcubsmc2691@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 01:54:50 -0400 (EDT)

Chris,

Thanks, but sometimes the "positive attitude" isn't very easy to achieve and/or
is just a facade....  Still...a positive attitude, regardless, makes all the
difference!

Robert,

LOL!  Didn't think about clearing it off....  *rolls eyes*

Sure was good to see you when I was in TX....and thanks again for the
hospitality!

Come on up ... I'll let you drive my MCs....  I put 200 miles on each of them
over the last 2 weekends....tis a start.

*
Forgot to highlight the "overnights":

FRI, 06/24/2011 ... Smithville OH

SAT, 06/25/2011 ... PIttsburgh PA (after stops in York/Carlisle)

SUN, 06/26/2011 ... Pontiac IL

MON, 06/27/2011 ... Cuba MO

TUE, 06/28/2011 ... Tulsa OK

WED, 06/29/2011 ... Wichita KS

THU, 06/30/2011 ... Azle TX (after stop in Terrell TX)

FRI, 07/01/2011 ... Amarillo TX (after stop in Oklahoma City OK)

SAT, 07/02/2011 ... Longmont CO

SUN, 07/03/2011 ... Taylorsville UT

MON, 07/04/2011 ... Williams CA

TUE, 07/05/2011 ... Lebanon OR

WED, 07/06/2011 ... Seattle WA

THU, 07/07/2011 ... Boise ID

FRI, 07/08/2011 ... Bozeman MT

SAT, 07/09/2011 ... Fargo ND (after brief stop in Sioux Falls SD)

SUN, 07/10/2011 ... Bloomington MN

10 pic highlights:

Sunday morning, 06/26/2011, Ohio, Lincoln Highway...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QXj_wMgc3G8/TisSl8AKsyI/AAAAAAAAF4M/ae2S8UYuv5E/11RT036_0626_OH_LH30W45N.jpg

Monday afternoon, 06/27/2011, Staunton IL, Chris' 1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
and my 2011 Dodge Charger rental in front of Rich's Ra66it Ranch.  Rich has a
1973 Monte Carlo that he bought brand new...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rVdv33bEVnk/TisTJVWxcaI/AAAAAAAAF6s/2KohuDtR_6I/11RT076_0627_IL_Staunton_RichRabbitRanch.jpg

Wednesday late morning, 06/29/2011, Chandler OK, Jerry McClanahan's 1957 Chevy,
but notice the wheels, 4th generation Monte Carlo "honeycomb"/"checkerboard"...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ptIMb72Ug1c/TisUPt2Sb5I/AAAAAAAAGAc/SV76QGHsOg8/11RT167_0629_OK_JerryCarMCwheels.jpg

Saturday morning, 07/02/2011, New Mexico, US 87 N & US 64 W, parting/gathering
storm...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2qseJ8kZJUc/TisUwEhYCjI/AAAAAAAAGDQ/yPRJKwSYClQ/11RT213_0702_NM_PartingStormClouds.jpg

Monday afternoon, 07/04/2011, California, a vista along I-80 W, just before
Exit 156...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wwqhQPrDNfc/TisVZ6MSssI/AAAAAAAAGII/YK4g6EGheGI/11RT291_0704_CA_I80W_SecondVista.jpg

Tuesday evening, 07/05/2011, Florence OR, Bliss Diner, US 101...
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-scKHXw5YikI/TisWGWZ2HUI/AAAAAAAAGLc/y7r4wvKYP5w/11RT344_0705_OR_BlissDiner.jpg

Wednesday morning, 07/06/2011, Newport OR, very beginning of US 20, which runs
right through my home town of Elgin IL...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vYFAPJBUsHQ/TisWWGya61I/AAAAAAAAGNk/KCwwlqxL8uo/11RT378_0706_OR_Newport_US20E.jpg

Thursday afternoon, 07/07/2011, Idaho, US 95 S...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-53l6voqVkqU/TisXYCgOOVI/AAAAAAAAGVM/UwjGyBkNRxA/11RT500_0707_ID_US95S.jpg

Friday afternoon, 07/08/2011, Twin Falls ID, Visitor Center Vista...
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-7pZCwmteOog/TisX8ZAhJpI/AAAAAAAAGX4/YNRIQ9NQFyE/11RT542_0708_ID_TwinFalls_VisitorCtrVista.jpg

Saturday evening, 07/09/2011, South Dakota, storm along I-90 E...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lFNPXpDZvpE/TisYlUkcXWI/AAAAAAAAGcQ/YUeEKVSUxEY/11RT613_0709_SD_I90Estorm.jpg

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 =
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"We can't afford to let one moment pass us by 'cause it's a short piece of
time" __ Dierks Bentley __ 'Long Trip Alone'