[elky] Re: Advance Auto Parts Coupons

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:38:11 -0700

I think I'm gonna wait...at least til the end of January. The price on the ZQ8 box isn't bad, all factors considered. I gotta get the pump changed, tho. I'll prolly do lines at the same time.

I gotta play with my organ and get to bed.

On 11/25/2010 5:16 PM, Chris Lindh wrote:
Advance's deal on the standard steering would be $155 minus $40
discount plus $55 core.  Rockauto has the standard unit for $99.79
plus a $200(!) core.  They also have the ZQ8 steering box for $128.79
plus a $100 core, that would be my choice, although I'd want to
research what that upgrade entails. (Turns lock to lock, whether it's
a straight swap or requires different hoses, etc.).

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Ray Buck<rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
The Burb's box is just gettin a little sloppy...not bad, considering it has
over 170k on it.  I thought that if I could get a quick ratio box for the
$77 price, it'd be worth holding onto and swapping out when I do the power
steering pump...which has to happen fairly soon.  I otta put new shocks on
the thing, too.

On 11/24/2010 7:54 PM, Chris Lindh wrote:

I did a search for your '95 Burb and they list a different part number
for it, 3 turns lock to lock with standard FE2 suspension.  It's more
expensive too.  Is your steering bad or were you looking to upgrade?
The only reason I'm looking at a replacement box is mine leaks (like a
geyser) and it's a Saginaw with the "ring retained" cover, not an 800
box.  I'd like to try a new Delphi box... but $77 is a lot better than
$400+.

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Ray Buck<rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hmmm...think that steering box would fit my Burb?

On 11/24/2010 11:56 AM, Chris Lindh wrote:

I found some great coupon codes on Slickdeals:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2348825

I used the $40 off a $100 purchase on the alternator, brought the new
alternator down to less than a reman.  I'm contemplating getting the
fast ratio steering box too... $77, free shipping&  lifetime warranty.

Rules: Please play nicely with others.

-List members page (text&  pic links):