[elky] Re: A few photos

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:52:14 -0600

The ovens themselves sell for around $1000,

         That's not bad. Most doubles run twice that here in regular stores.

 but then you have to buy a $500
range top that is separate and then all the building materials to
accommodate both.  I have priced it out on a couple occasions, we have the
itch to redo the kitchen, but a little more than hesitant to fork over the
dough to do it.

Built in ovens and ranges are the norm here even in older homes. Even most of the 50s-70s homes here have separate units. If you go to HD or Lowes there isn't much to choose from in all in one units as they are typically in apartments or rental units here. Not many houses with them overall.

I don't like white either, and won't do white.

             :)

I can get a full set of hardly used if at all black/stainless appliances for
real cheap as builders have their agents sell them thru the company when a
buyer wants to change them out, or they just take them to the next spec home
and see what flies but I don't think that is real ethical(its not a new
appliance if it sat installed in another house for a year)  I have seen
entire sets, Range/oven, dishwasher, microwave and side by side fridge for
$1,000 to $1500 which is pretty good but you get what you pay for with
appliances I guess.

Yeah that's a deal. I don't agree with the builders carting the appliances and then selling them as new either.

Would probably just do Black, the smooth finish black appliances are real
nice looking and don't have the negative issues stainless does, and it won't
likely be as trendy (who knows how long that phase will last)

Yeah black is best.... Stainless looks like crap in no time. The problem is it is durable but people want it to be scratch free. Well...

I haven't quite figured out the whole thing with people wanting a super fancy kitchen. Most people rarely really cook anymore so why the super duper kitchen.