[elky] Re: 2WD vs. 4WD Truck

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:37:11 -0500

They're reliable, but changing one makes me nervous, and I'll pay someone
to do it.  In principle it is simple, but when you're winding up the new
one, you need to make absolutely sure you have a firm grip on the rods
you're using, or you can end up with broken bones or worse when the tension
on the spring is released.  They're wound up really tight when the door is
closed (which is part of why they most often fail with the door closed -
they are almost fully relaxed when the door is all the way open).