[elky] Re: 1952 Allard J2X

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 17:41:36 -0700

John, that's just unreal beautiful. Absolutely amazing. The Lucas tripods are a mind bending touch.

How did you do this piece with your gold allergy?  It's astonishing.

On 12/23/2010 8:49 PM, John Christensen wrote:
This is a picture of the finished piece. The guy took delivery of it today and loved it. Dave at work put the wires on the headlights to simulate the headlights on the car that have the tri braces. there are even little 1 mm diamonds in the fenders for the markers.

His wife has gone with him over 8000 miles in Rallies in the car, so she knows it well too. There were only 86 of these cars made.

This is about 1.25 inches wide. and was my pride and joy for the season. There were plenty of other projects that were really cool. I just like the car theme, and it's not a ring.

Merry Christmas!!