[eispice] Re: py2port

  • From: Charles Eidsness <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eispice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:53:17 -0400

Thanks Matt, it's something I've wanted to write for a couple years now, ever
since I read Howard Johnson's "High Speed Signal Propagation" and finally found
some time.

That line connects a W element to the end of the two-port chain. The W element
is a lossy transmission line model. The arguments are (kind of similar to the
SPICE W-Element model):

length -- length of T-Line (inches)
L -- inductance per meter (H/m)
C -- capacitance per meter (C/m)
R0 -- series resistance per meter (Ohm/m) -- default = 0
G0 -- parallel conductance per meter (S/m) -- default = 0
Rs -- skin effect resistance (Ohm/(m*sqrt(Hz)) -- default = 0
Gd -- dielectric loss conductance (S/(m*Hz) -- default = 0

You can use a tool like mmtl (http://mmtl.sourceforge.net/) to calculate the
arguments for arbitrary t-line geometries.

There is also a simple non-lossy t-line model that's easier to use called "T"
with these arguments:

length -- length of T-Line (inches)
Zc -- characteristic impedance (Ohms)
er -- permitivity (unitless) -- default = 4.3

For some more examples you can try:

import py2port

help(pytport.twoport)
help(pytport.W)