[edm-discuss] Re: help please

  • From: Collin Lynch <collinl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edm-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 20:24:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Samira, let me suggest that you start not with the data but with a good
literature review then.  Read through the papers at
www.educationaldatamining.org and see what has been done and what
interests you.  You may then get a better sense of how to refine your
question.

Do you have an advisor in education or machine learning that you can turn
to.  Having someone to bounce ideas off of is invaluable.

Once you have a better idea of what kind of work you wish to do then you
can turn to getting data.

        Best,
        Collin Lynch.