[edm-discuss] Upcoming encyclopedia article on EDM

  • From: "Ryan S.J.d. Baker" <rsbaker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edm-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:29:42 -0500

Hi, all.

I just wanted to write to quickly announce to the list that I have an
encyclopedia article in press
defining Educational Data Mining and briefly giving my perspective on some
of the main approaches and applications of our emerging area.

A draft PDF is available at
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rsbaker/Encyclopedia%20Chapter%20Draft%20v10%20-fw.pdf

It might be of interest to a colleague or student who is new to EDM
and who is interested in getting a high-level picture of our area.

All the best,
Ryan