[edm-discuss] Survey on 2007 Educational Data Mining workshops

  • From: "Ryan Baker" <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edm-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:31:37 +0100

Hi, everyone.

We are currently in the process of planning our community's workshops
on Educational Data Mining (EDM), for 2007.

One workshop will almost certainly be held in conjunction with
AIED2007, in Los Angeles. Our community has a very positive history of
cooperation with AIED and its sister conference ITS.

However, we are considering holding a second or even third workshop in
order to build interest in our community and area of research, prior
to our plan to hold an independent conference in the summer of 2008 in
Montreal, Quebec.

The goal of having additional workshops is to broaden the EDM
community beyond the normal spectrum of attendees at the AIED/ITS
conferences.  We want these additional workshops to involve both past
workshop participants as well as researchers in related fields who
will be newcomers to our community.  Thus, we need to make sure that a
contingent of those already active in the field would attend these
workshops.

We need your help in deciding if and where to hold these additional
workshops. Thus, we'd like to ask you to fill out a questionnaire at
also to forward this questionnaire to your colleagues who are
interested in educational data mining but who may not yet be
subscribed to edm-discuss.

Thanks much for your help!
We look forward to seeing you at a workshop in summer 2007!

Ryan Baker
Research Fellow
University of Nottingham