[edm-discuss] R: Re: Assistance for research

  • From: "agatalotauro@xxxxxxxxx" <agatalotauro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kavithaarajamani@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:26:37 +0100 (CET)

Ciao!

You can get data if you get in touch with tutors at UMUC (www.umuc.edu/). They
are developing novel educational and research strategies (key-words:
intelligence, testing, tutoring system, etc).

(Just Try)
Good luck!

Agata

anu.gupta83@xxxxxxxxx
wrote on 16-dic-2011 5.19
A: <edm-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Sridhar Rajagopalan"<sridhar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sujay.shivram@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"vishnu"<vishnu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Ogg: [edm-discuss] Re: Assistance for research

Hi Kavitha

You can get a lot of data (longitudinal as well) of the students if you get in
touch with creators of an adaptive learning system, Mindspark, currently
implemented in schools in India and abroad (across continents). The data is
both demographically rich as well as huge in numbers.

You can contact the database owner at mindspark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks and regards,
Anupriya

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Kavitha Rajamani <kavithaarajamani@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Dear Sir / Mam,

I registered for PhD last month. I wish to do on 'imparting more intelligence
in adaptive testing in intelligent tutoring system'
I feel this as a broad area. within this, how can i narrow down?
Apart from PSLC, where can i get data set for testing?
If i propose something new, how can i test with large community of learners?

thanking you,