[edm-discuss] Questions on Educational Data Mining

  • From: "Vanessa Baumann" <vanessa.baumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edm-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:23:06 +0200

Hello,

I'm interested in Educational Data Mining and would be
very glad if you could answer a few questions of mine.

Where can I search for and find material for Association
Rules, HUDAP and Statistical Implicative Analysis?

Maybe you could tell me, what the essential papers are,
and what the most recent work is about, especially if there
are topics of educational science.
Or who the key figures in such analysis are.
Are there any journals or special issues about those topics?
And are there conferences held in specific fields like those?
Or are they maybe part of the International Conference on
Educational Data Mining?

What kind of software is used in Educational Data Mining and
are they free of charge or purchasable?

Are there any methods related or simiar to the association
rules? And where could i find works on that?

I would be very thankful for answers or tips for research.
If you could please let me know if you are not willing to
answer my questions.

Kind regards, Vanessa Baumann