[edm-discuss] Re: Clustering with more DB tables

  • From: "qazmlp q" <qazmlp1209@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edm-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 25 Jun 2009 12:39:55 -0000

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:10:23 +0530  wrote
>Well then depending upon your tool then I would suggest using a sql
>interface as suggested by Joe.
>
>Many of the better tools will let you form join queries that can acheive
>the benefits of a single table without the costs.
Ok, everybody seems to suggest the same.

I have 65 tables, and if I assume on average that each table has around 10
attributes/columns, I will have to arrive at a single very big table with more
than 500 attributes. Do you really mean that? If yes, I seriously feel we have
a very inefficient(atleast from a layman point of view) way of performing the
Data mining operations.
Aren't there any other better way of dealing this very common issue?

Regards,
Michael