[on behalf of Erin Walker]
The AIED 2019 paper deadline is fast approaching. Get your abstracts in now
at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aied2019! If you are a newcomer
to the community and would like early feedback on your submission, sign up
for the buddy scheme here: http://caed-lab.com/aied2019/Buddy.html
- Required Abstracts for Full Papers: Feb, 1, 11:59pm PST
- Full Papers, Industry Papers & Posters: Feb 8, 2019, 11:59pm PST
- Workshop & Tutorial Proposals: Feb 27, 2019, 11:59pm PST
- Doctoral Consortium papers: Feb 27, 2019, 11:59pm PST
- Interactive Events: April 10, 2019, 11:59pm PST
Call for Papers
The 2019 conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education will take place
in Chicago (US) between June 25 and 29 2019.
1. *Intelligent and Interactive Technologies in an Educational Context*:
Natural language processing and speech technologies; Data mining and
machine learning; Knowledge representation and reasoning; Semantic web
technologies; Multi-agent architectures; Tangible interfaces, wearables and
2. *Modelling and Representation*: Models of learners, including open
learner models; facilitators, tasks and problem-solving processes; Models
of groups and communities for learning; Modelling motivation,
metacognition, and affective aspects of learning; Ontological modelling;
Computational thinking and model-building; Representing and analyzing
activity flow and discourse during learning.
3. *Models of Teaching and Learning*: Intelligent tutoring and
scaffolding; Motivational diagnosis and feedback; Interactive pedagogical
agents and learning companions; Agents that promote metacognition,
motivation and affect; Adaptive question-answering and dialogue,
Educational data mining, Learning analytics and teaching support, Learning
4. *Learning Contexts and Informal Learning*: Educational games and
gamification; Collaborative and group learning; Social networks; Inquiry
learning; Social dimensions of learning; Communities of practice;
Ubiquitous learning environments; Learning through construction and making;
Learning grid; Lifelong, museum, out-of-school, and workplace learning.
5. *Evaluation*: Studies on human learning, cognition, affect,
motivation, and attitudes; Design and formative studies of AIED systems;
Evaluation techniques relying on computational analyses.
6. *Innovative Applications*: Domain-specific learning applications
(e.g. language, science, engineering, mathematics, medicine, military,
industry); Scaling up and large-scale deployment of AIED systems.
7. *Intelligent techniques to support disadvantaged schools and
students, inequity and inequality in education*: socio-economic, gender,
and racial issues. Ethics in educational research: sponsorship, scientific
validity, participant's rights and responsibilities, data collection,
management and dissemination.
Please submit all papers at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aied2019
The review process will be double-blinded. Therefore, author names and
affiliations should not appear in the paper and self-identifying citations
and references should be avoided.
Full papers, poster papers and industry papers will be published by Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS/LNAI)
Submissions should be in Springer format.
for more details.
- Full papers (10 pages + references)
- Posters (4 pages + references)
- Industry Papers (up to 4 pages + references)
- Doctoral consortium (4 pages + references)
- Workshop proposals (2-4 pages)
- Tutorial proposals (2-4 pages)
- Interactive Events (2 pages)