[ecop-poct] Re: Updated PO v0.5

  • From: Bernhard Schätz <schaetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecop-poct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:41:42 +0200

Hi Jouni,

I made slight modifications.

> 2010 the evaluator complained " the relationship to AUTOSAR is not made
> explicit"
>
> The rationale behind ECO PREMISES is partly similar to the motivations of
> AUTOSAR (Automotive Open System Architecture) in car industry: reuse of
> solutions, flexibility of product development and management, improved
> product quality.
However, AUTOSAR targets only the on-board architecture, has limited support
for non-functional properties (incl. safety), and only provides a reference
architecture for the base services (e.g., flashing, diagnosis). In contrast,
the ECO PREMSIS platform combines on-board/off-board architectures, a
high-level references architecture including support for collaboration
services, and explicitly addresses non-functional aspects.

Best regards!!