[ecop-poct] Re: Updated PO v0.5

  • From: Bernhard Schätz <schaetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecop-poct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:15:56 +0200

Hi Jouni,

here is the promised text.Please extend/change ad libitum:

While previous projects (incl. SOCRADES, eSONIA, iFEST, POLLUX) adressed the
use of SOA approaches for embedded systems, none of them addressed the
specifics of interconnected mobile work machines. ECO PREMISIS will build on
these approaches to enable a new generation of mobile work machines. So, while
SOCRADES mainly targets a SOA-only approach in the field of enterprise
integration in automation, ECO PREMSIS uses a layered reference architecture
including components and services, and applies this approach to mobile work
machines. Furthermore, while eSONIA is providing models and tools for SOA in a
factory environment, including diagnosis and maintenance, it is limited to
automation and does not deal with the specifics of mobile collaboration.
Similarly, while iFEST provides a generic tool chain framework, ECO PREMISIS
will use such frameworks to specifically provide tool support based on the ECO
PREMISIS reference architecture. In contrast to POLLUX, ECO PREMSIS is not
limited to electrical vehicles and also addresses inter-vehicle collaboration.