[ecop-poct] Re: Updated PO v0.5

  • From: Mattila Jouni <jouni.mattila@xxxxxx>
  • To: "ecop-poct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ecop-poct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:31:20 +0300

Bernhard, Thanks a lot (again) ...

Please find attached Section 2 figures (finally) ....

Second picture is more detailed ... Thus, it requires some explanations ... I
guess, agent framework should be removed at least now, but what are your
opinions ... Should we use both of these pictures in section 2 and what should
be added or removed from the second picture ?

FPP Platino said the flowing about the second picture (now genesys is removed)

***************

PLATINO is based on a service bus, called MSB (Machine Service Bus). All soft
real-time activities and non-real-time activities are implemented as services
available through MSB. The service bus follows the publisher-subscriber pattern
[9]: new services can be registered dynamically for the service broker, and
available services can be looked up and called. Soft real-time services are
attached with QoS information, including real-time requirements. MSB is assumed
to be built on top of a deterministic real-time protocol for standard Ethernet.
The PLATINO architecture consists of three types of units: components that have
been developed independently of PLATINO (for example, standard I/O bus like
CAN), components that are created (or possibly generated) for a particular
machine according to PLATINO rules, and components that are fixed parts of the
PLATINO platform. In Figure 2, these components are colored dark grey, medium
grey, and light gray, respectively.

The low level communication bus is isolated from PLATINO using Basic Machine
Interface (BMI), so that PLATINO can be ported to another I/O bus technology by
re-implementing an adapter for this interface. The higher-level soft real-time
or non-real-time services provided by the machine are exposed for MSB by a
Basic Machine Interface (BMI). A BMI can provide machine-specific services, or
it can provide a set of standard services for a certain domain. In the latter
case, new machines can be introduced in a business process by giving a new
implementation of such a BMI. Core machine controls provide us both a means to
integrate proprietary work machine control functionality as well as
GENESYS-based functionality into the PLATINO architecture. The relation of
GENESYS-architecture and PLATINO-architecture is depicted in Figure 3, which
explicates the role of PLATINO on a GENESYS-architecture based platform.
****************

Thanks,
-J

Jouni Mattila
Professor in Machine Automation, Dr. Tech.
TUT/IHA
Korkeakoulunkatu 6
P.O. Box 589
FI-33101 Tampere, Finland