[eclipse-arduino-dev] Re: workshop presentation your input and feedback is needed

  • From: "Marcelo Limori" <x4j7h32m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eclipse-arduino-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 20:16:55 -0300

My two cents:

- The name's Marcelo (Limori is the last name). But there's no need to include my name in there, I just drew a logo and splash screen. :)

- You mention at some point that it is compatible with ino files. I would add (as it's a big selling point to me personally) that the structure of an Eclipse project is 100% retro-compatible with the structure of a project written with the Arduino IDE. So if at some point in the future, for some strange reason, you want to go back and compile with the Arduino stuff, you can.

- I see you will talk about this in a section, but anyways, I'd stress very very much the auto-complete, refactor and navigation stuff that we all know very well. In my experience beginners (to programming at least, people that never coded with a full IDE) don't seem to comprehend how much better your life can be if you can just Ctrl-click a method and jump to its code directly or Ctrl-space to see a list of parameters in a function call.

- You might want to briefly touch the "workspace" concept as it's also a thing beginners seem to have trouble with.

On Mon, 23 May 2016 18:33:13 -0300, Jan Baeyens <jan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

attached is the workshop presentation I'm working on. The first part is
based on previous work so is ok (content wise) the last part is still
"expanding".

I have a slide for each of us to represent yourself. I advise not to
leave it to me to make a picture of you. :-) I guess  you all know what
that would look like.

If there is something you feel that is missing or needs more attention
... just share your thoughts.

Best regards

Jantje

--