[eclipse-arduino-dev] Re: Add another example to the same project (and what is a sketch)

  • From: Jan Baeyens <jan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eclipse-arduino-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 14:13:46 +0100

You can in some cases (using drag and drop)
If you know the location of the file on disk-> drag and drop in your project.
If the example is from a library-> import the library-> drag and drop the file from [project]/libraries/[lib name]/examples/[example name]/[example name].ino
So only if it is an example and you don't know where it is on disk (it is on [eclipse installation]/arduinoplugin/examples/) you have to make a new project.

Something that may interest you:
I keep all my home made libraries in a eclipse project called libraries in the same workspace I do my development. I tell the plugin that I have private libraries at [my workspace]/libraries.
This way I can check in the libraries with my source code in one commit.
I have all source code (including library examples) at my fingertips

Something else that may interest you.
You can always create links to folders containing interesting sources in your project (like [eclipse installation]/arduinoplugin/examples/ and [eclipse installation]/arduinoplugin/libraries/ ) using drag and drop. Then right click these folders select "resouce configuration"->"exclude from build"->"select all"->ok
This will grey out these folders and put them at the end of the project listing. All files are reachable but are ignored by the compiler.

Best regards
Jantje

Op 6/03/2016 om 13:31 schreef Wim Jongman:

I mean this. I create a new project and include the blink example. Now I want to try out a new example but then I have to create a whole new project again, right?

I cannot just add another file from the examples to the same project?

<a
href="https://www.freelists.org/list/eclipse-arduino-dev>eclipse-arduino-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>