[ecidadania-dev] django-cities

  • From: Hugo Des <hugo.deslongchamps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:19:01 +0200

Hi,

I am looking into ticket #81 (to have province, region, neighborhood as a
select fields).
I did a bit of research and first cam across django-smart-selects to implement
the select_field
behavior.
And then, as we needed some sort of database to populate the fields, I came
across django-cities
which I think is just what we need.
One cool thing about django-cities is that quote:
        "All of the models use the GeoManager, so we can perform more complex
geo-based queries, and also combine geo queries with normal       ones."
Both projects are opened-sourced and on github!

What do you guys say?