[eccotalk] Walk in the Porter Valley: Sat. 5th May 10am-2pm

  • From: Gordon Ferguson <gordon.ferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ECCO Talk <eccotalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:23:19 +0100

We are looking after a dog again in the first week in May, so I will be out walking him everyday.

If you would like to join me in a walk up the south side of the Porter Valley on Saturday 5th May - if the weather is pleasant - from 10am to around 2pm, then reply and let me know, We will set off from Endcliffe Park gates at 10am.

The walk will be through Bingham Park, Whiteley Woods, up through 'the wastes' to Trap Lane and Meadow Farm, then on to Whiteley Woods school and down Cottage Lane to Forge Dam Café. If the weather turns out to be nice and warm, there will be an opportunity for a picnic near Cottage Lane, with views across the Mayfield valley. There is then coffee and cake - or even lunch - at Forge Dam café before walking back down the valley - or you can get the bus back from Fulwood.

Distance about three miles to Forge Dam, and two and half miles back.

Route here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iLTsUh9J0GACHrjTKZUiQdwwVjvQ7w5z

Cheers,

Gordon