[eccotalk] Re: Information request

  • From: Gordon Ferguson <gordon.ferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eccotalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 13:35:04 +0100

Although personal recommendation is best if you can get it, always check the Care Quality Commission - https://cqc.org.uk for latest reviews, and always visit unannounced before making a final decision.

We have quite a bit of experience - good and bad - though not with dementia care. Good care is expensive, though having said that, one of the best we have experience of in Sheffield was - ten years ago - one of the cheaper ones, and one really expensive one (BUPA) was not very good.

Gordon

On 24/06/2020 13:21, Jo Cooke wrote:

A friend of mine has her mum at

https://www.brighterkind.com/care-homes/henleigh-hall?carehomecouk=XYZ

On Abbey Lane. She is very happy with it and her mum has quite severe dementia
Jo

On 24 Jun 2020, at 12:43, Gwen Wilson <wilsongw123@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:wilsongw123@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi,

A friend of mine has dementia.  Her family is just about coping with additional help but it might be that at some time she will need to be cared for in a care home.

Does anyone have information about dementia care homes?

Thanks.

Gwen