[eccotalk] Re: Does anyone know what these root vegetables are?

  • From: Chriss Ferguson <chriss.ferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eccotalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Shad Woolgrove (Redacted sender shadwoolgrove for DMARC)" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 19:32:11 +0100

lol  you learn something new everyday xxxxxx

On 18/10/2020 07:34, Shad Woolgrove (Redacted sender shadwoolgrove for DMARC) wrote:

Dear Townies

They are mangolds – grown as animal fodder – the sheep eat the green tops and sometimes nibble the roots – then the roots are chipped or shredded and fed to cattle as a supplement to their feed in the winter.  In times of famine humans have resorted to eating them – nothing as exotic as daikon I’m afraid 😉

LOL

Shad