[ebooktalk] Re: was War Horse now family reading.

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:00:34 +0100

Alison, "Goodnight, Mr. Tom" and another Michelle Macgorian book, "Coming
Home" are cases in point.  Recently, though, I heard part of a radio
dramatisation of "Little Women", a book I loved as a child.  It may have
been the dramatisation, but I found the story quite nauseating and syrrupy,
which made me feel sad as it tarnished my memory of the book a little.
Elaine is reading the L M Montgomery "Anne" books, which I also loved when I
was young,  and I'm tempted to do the same, but a bit scared in case they
don't come up to my memory of them.
Trish.