[ebooktalk] Re: televising books and reading in different formats.

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:33:09 +0100

Clare, A lot of sighted people say they find TV more relaxing than listening
to the radio because the pictures just make it all so easy for them to
follow, while for us it's the other way round.  If the programme is audio
described, we're doing a sort of double listen, to the dialogue and to the
description, and if it isn't, we're having to work very hard to work out
what's happening.  I suppose that in many cases, we lose out because we
don't benefit from the scenery, or from the action.  I don't watch much TV
because it's much easier to listen to a radio play or (More often) to read a
good book.
Trish.