[ebooktalk] Re: televising books and reading in different formats.

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:44:28 +0100

I also read in lots of ways, though I prefer to be busy while listening to audio, and reserve braille for when I sit down. Which reminds me, Ian, that I think my resistance to TV does actually have something to do with being blind. I think this is because I have come to the conclusion that we must be missing an awful lot visually, because otherwise how would so many otherwise intelligent sighted people put up with it? I know there are exceptions, but most of it just sounds dreadful. I am with the people who don't like scrolling braille. I can read quickly, but like to go back or linger over particular words at will. Clare