[ebooktalk] Re: railways

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:03:33 +0100

Yes June, I love trains and it is lovely to hear them passing regularly.  In
the summer we have a steam train go past twice a day, I would love to go on it
one day for a trip.
F. G. Cottam has written a spooky looking book that I will be reading shortly
called The Waiting Room. I don't have it as an ebook, but the RNIB Have it on
talking book.
Here is the synopsis.
Martin Stride is a retired rock star, enjoying the quiet life with his young
family on their beautiful estate. On the edge of his grounds lies a derelict
Edwardian railway station waiting room once used to transport troops in The
Great War. Silent for many years, it has become a playground for Martin's
children but now they won't go near it. Strange occurrences in the waiting room
lead Martin to seek the help of TV's favourite ghost-hunter Julian Creed. But
Creed's psychic ability is a fabrication to gain viewers. He doesn't believe in
the paranormal. Until he spends a night in The Waiting Room.