[ebooktalk] email attachments

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:46:44 +0100

Hi all

Just to let the new arrivals know that we do allow email attachments on this
list.  This is so that we can send .txt books if we think other members
would enjoy them.

In the old days, when we chose a book a month to read, we always sent the
book as an email attachment.  In fact, we should, in theory, be reading our
last book for discussion in May.  Shell chose it and I cannot remember what
it is, but maybe you would like to resend it Shell in case anyone wishes to
join in with the discussion.  I must point out strongly though that we will
not be reading set books from now on.  If we talk about a book and people
wish to read it, then we will try to get a text copy to send out, but there
is absolutely no obligation to read any book, or indeed to contribute at all
to the messages.  Of course, I hope you all will, but if you choose to just
read messages and lurk in the background, that is okay too.

We only have one rule, and that is that we only discuss books, and nothing
else.  No doubt the odd comment on something else might slip into a message
from time to time, and I do not wish to discourage that, but there are other
lists for talking about your favourite football team, or the latest story
about your guide dog.

We may also discuss from time to time new technology which allows us to read
books, i.e. Victor Stream, Booksence or Braillesense, but our main topic for
discussion is books we have enjoyed or not, and our favourite or most hated
authors.

In the last few days, since we widened our book discussions, we have talked
about new authors from the Granta magazine and also  authors such as Dorothy
Koomson and Stephen King.  So pretty well anything goes as far as books are
concerned.

So, finally, welcome to all the new members, and keep the messages rolling
in.

Happy reading.

David